Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Outside the Box







I acquired these wood wine boxes and knew I could do something fun with them.  A very good friend is expecting her first baby and thought this could be a good time. Here's a little lowdown and how to do it, too.  First, I had to sand off the images on the sides and lid of the box, giving me a blank canvas. I used my always-handy-husband's hand sander, quicker than just a piece of sandpaper.  Rummaging through my fabric pile, I found an adorable vintage looking scrap and an iron on 'G' for baby Gianna (adorable, right?). Using the lid as a template for the fabric,  I glued it down on the border of the top, bottom and edges. I recommend wood glue, this should hold it. And viola! an adorable wood box that can be used for any baby storage.
































No comments:

Post a Comment