Friday, February 28, 2014

Simple Stencil Upgrade







 The simplest tasks/upgrades came make such a difference.  I've had this stencil for awhile; I painted a wall in my living over a year ago (the color combo in my house is below).  I found it here, they have a great selection of stencils and inspiration. The wall I recently did was one in Mom's living room.  She wanted a more sophisticated elegant look, so we went with a tone-on-tone combo. 

Some essential tools when stenciling are: Frog Tape, a small spongy roller and a level.  You will want to make sure the first round of stencil is level, as this will be the outcome of your entire wall.  This particular stencil is trippy enough, it doesn't need to uneven, too.  Another thing to consider is the center of your wall.  Depending on the stencil, this may not be an issue, but you'll want each end of the wall to have an even pattern.






This is the color combo I chose for my living room.  I added a third gold accent color that I did at random.  I love this wall! and it'll give you a good idea of what the rest of my home looks like.  I like to be surrounded by color :)


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this wall in your house... so creative!

    ReplyDelete