Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Weather Permitted






The weather has been less than awesome around here; 20 degrees colder than average and raining (alot). Bad new:  I haven't been in the mood to show off cute outfits.  Good news: I've been spending a lot of time in my living room and I love my living room. We live in a home that needs a little work, just a little (reread that last part with sarcasm). The first big project was this room.  We had to totally gut it, which was a little scary but left us a clean fresh canvas and I had fun. As much as I like seeing the clean, crisp white decor that seems to be everywhere right now, I needed a little more color and was inspired by mid-century design.
The biggest project I took on with the great help of my Mom was white-washing the fireplace.  Originally this fireplace was a dark brick, but after some about 6 hours a lot stress it turned into this great color.  Another DIY project was the chairs.  I found these chairs at a hotel liquidation store for super cheap.  These stores get furniture from all sorts of hotels, so you never know what you will find.  The location I went to had couches, chairs, dressers, end tables, lamps, mirrors and a ton more. I highly recommend finding one in your area if you are need of DIY project.  All I ask is that you stay away from mattresses; serious they had old mattresses.
A couple other little touches that I think make this room so amazing are the vintage globe I found at a flea market, the wood box my hubby made and that pop of color in the lamp on the end table.
All and all I have to say this room turned out really well and any time I find to lounge in it is a good time.

1 comment:

  1. So excited that I'm finally seeing your living room!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete